- Engage in identifying emerging pivotal R&D areas in the Smart Grid related domain and engage the broader IEEE societies in all pertinent areas for collaboration.
- Support and collaborate with public/private enterprises to assess priority areas and disseminate Smart Grid and sustainable energy research and implementation strategies.
- Evaluate Smart Grid and related technology road maps to relate technology developments in the IEEE Organizational Units.
- Look at technology roadmaps, identify needs and directions going on, want a view of the technical landscape and direction.
- Survey the R&D activities of all IEEE Organizational Units involved in and collaborate – Technical Activities/Emerging Technologies/Standards contact – liaise and be active with those people from each Organizational Unit. Find out what everyone is doing and promote it – challenge them to represent what is going on in the R&D portions of all IEEE Smart Grid participating Organizational Units – survey and promote.
- Initiate collaborations where there are gaps – identify a research direction/need – identify opportunities to collaborate and fill gaps.
- Make contact with lead R&D lead in each IEEE Organizational Unit, establish communications with them.
To join as a Member, please email IEEE Smart Grid Project Manager Angelique Rajski-Parashis at email@example.com.