IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition
The 2012 IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition is the world’s major power-delivery event. It will provide an exceptional venue for discussing issues and developments as well as highlighting vendors with products and services essential to the operation of the world’s power-delivery systems.
The theme of the conference is Making Innovation Work for Tomorrow. The technical program is designed to highlight new innovations and challenges facing the power and energy industry. The conference will also include special emphasis on the role of Women in Engineering.
The goal of the conference is to provide attendees with practical solutions-oriented topics, including case studies and lessons learned. Super Sessions will be held on topics of current special interest in the power and energy industry, while the rest of the technical program will include poster, paper and panel sessions focusing on the conference theme in the following key topic areas:
- The Smart Grid, including communications, cyber and physical security, distributed generation and standard developments
- Energy and the environment
- Integrating wind and solar energy into the transmission and distribution grids
- Energy storage systems
- Gas insulated substation (GIS), gas insulated transmission (GIL) and mixed technology switchgear (MTS)
- Flexible AC transmission systems
- Electric vehicles and their impact on the grid and standards development
- Innovations in transmission line design
- Protection and control
- Asset management
- Operations and maintenance
- Transmission and distribution systems analysis and software tools
- Power and energy education, collaborative research and the aging workforce
Complete manuscripts are to be submitted electronically via the Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition paper submission website:
- Paper submission website opens August 15, 2011
- All papers must be submitted by September 19, 2011
- Authors will be advised via e-mail of acceptance or rejection of the paper by October 31, 2011
Presentation of an accepted paper is a requirement of publication. Any paper that is not presented at the conference will not be included in IEEE Xplore.
IEEE prohibits discrimination, harassment and bullying. For more information, visit http://www.ieee.org/web/aboutus/whatis/policies/p9-26html