Technical Activities Committee
- Focus on new technologies that are close to adoption and deployment
- Interact with Smart Grid stakeholders (IEEE and non-IEEE) on inter-disciplinary technical topics
- Closely collaborate with the IEEE Smart Grid R&D Committee on tracking technologies that are becoming mature from a research perspective
- Closely collaborate with IEEE-Standards Association (SA), absorbing the scope of the existing IEEE Smart Grid Standards Committee
(1) Technical Area
- Track technical development of new technologies that are close to adoption and deployment
- Interact with IEEE and non-IEEE stakeholders on inter-disciplinary technical topics
- Coordinate with the IEEE Future Directions Committee (FDC) on Smart Grid and inter-disciplinary initiatives, e.g. Internet of Things, Big Data, Cyber Security, etc.
- Work with IEEE Smart Grid R&D Committee to track the evolutionary changes in the Smart Grid as R&D approaches the implementation and deployment stage
(2) Standards Area
- Track the present standards to make sure they are current and up-to-date as far as the existing technologies are concerned.
- Look ahead in the short term to prepare for the incremental evolution of the standards to keep track with the evolving Smart Grid reality
- Make contact with lead Standards person in each IEEE Organizational Unit
- Promote Smart Grid related standards
- Facilitate transition from R&D to standardization and commercialization
- Provide early guidelines for standard development as the R&D work is becoming mature
- Coordinate with the IEEE SA on necessary changes in existing standards, as well as, forecast future standard developments that may be necessary
To join as a Member, please email IEEE Smart Grid Project Manager Phyllis Caputo at email@example.com .