Session prices vary based on IEEE membership. Each 80-minute session will be available for streaming for 1 year from purchase date. In addition, CEUs/PDHs will be available for purchase. To see all recorded tutorials and corresponding slides, please visit the IEEE Smart Grid Resource Center’s Education tab.
Demand response is one of the 3 legs of the distributed energy resources (DER) stool, that the industry will rest upon by 2040. It is at this point the most neglected of the three legs. Demand response will not just be turning things off, it will be turning things on as well to absorb excess renewable energy in a useful fashion. Many people want a single silver bullet to handle all demand response issues, but Florida Power and Light (FPL) has proven over the last 30 years that a portfolio of programs is required.
This online tutorial will cover the following topics in each session:
- What is Demand Response?
- History of Demand Response
- What do customers like and dislike?
- Different types of Demand Response programs
- Review of session 1
- Defining requirements process
- Defining regulatory changes
- Security and privacy issues
- Review of session 2
- Building a business case for Demand Response
- Benefits of Demand Response
- Costs for doing Demand Response
- Review of session 3
- Standards for Demand Response
- Case studies for Demand Response – innovative and unique programs
- Q&A responses from questions in session 1 to 3