Service Provider Tutorials
This series of recorded tutorials are now available for purchase on the IEEE SmartGrid Resource Center. Scroll down for detailed session agendas.
Session prices vary based on IEEE membership. Each 80-minute session will be available for streaming for 1 year from purchase date. In addition, CEUs/PDHs will be available for purchase. To see all recorded tutorials and corresponding slides, please visit the IEEE Smart Grid Resource Center’s Education tab.
Intended Audience: Those interested in connecting consumers to the smart grid, the integration of DR, DER, and EVs into the smart grid, or IoT applications, including:
- Power and Energy (Utility) Engineers
- R&D and Test Engineers
- Students with interest in smart grid technologies
This online tutorial will cover the following topics in each session:
- Design and Functionality
- Changes in the Upcoming Revision
- Complementing IEEE 1547
- Current Status
- Demand Response
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Electric Vehicles
- The GREAT DR system & architecture overview
- Use Case Scenario Overview
- Use Case Scenario IEEE 2030.5 Compliance
- Implementation Guide
- Testing Tools
- Introduction to the IEEE Conformity Assessment Program (ICAP)
- Why is certification necessary?
- Market Relevance