Implementing a Sensor Strategy
Presented by: Ron Chebra, Jens Schoene, and Brian Smith
Part 2 in 2 part series: Leveraging Sensors for Greater Situational Awareness
To provide an example of sensor selection, location optimization, data transport and handling for effective use in the enterprise.
- Selecting the proper sensors for the application and enterprise use
- Placing the sensors at the optimal locations for greatest efficacy
- Determining the communications requirements (e.g. peak data rate, latency and coverage)
- Applying appropriate cyber requirements for data assurance and threat prevention
- Data ingestion approaches, validation and alignmen
- Enterprise data distribution
- Develop proper rigor around sensor implementations including communication and data treatment
- Applying appropriate data trust levels to ensure proper cybersecurity measures
Thursday May 20th, 2021 11:00 AM EDT Register Now!
Replay: Saturday May 22th - 9 AM UTC+8 Beijing Register for Replay
Design Engineers; Field Operations; OT/IT; Distribution Operations
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Ron Chebra, EnerNex Vice President of Grid Modernization, is a recognized thought leader and industry expert in utility modernization. He has a deep operating knowledge in technology solutions in areas such as MicroGrids, Renewable Energy Integration, Smart Grid, Distribution Automation (DA), Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Demand Response.
Jens Schoene is the Director of Research Studies at EnerNex. In his capacity as a director, Jens has led and participated in a large variety of projects utilizing his power systems modeling expertise stemming from decades of experience with steady-state, quasi-static time-series, dynamic, and transient studies. He is the Chair and Vice Chair of the IEEE PES 'Distribution System State Estimation' Task Force and Working Group, respectively, and Vice Chair of the ‘Lightning Performance of Overhead Lines’ Working Group. Jens is the main-/co-author of over 40 peer-reviewed papers and conference proceedings.
Brian Smith, Principal Consultant with EnerNex, has over 29 years of experience in the electric utility field with an extensive background in industrial control systems cyber security, NERC CIP compliance, utility communications, utility automation systems, integration, networking, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Energy Management Systems (EMS) and teleprotection applications.
Tags & Topics for This Webinar:
Sensor Strategies; Sensors; Communications; Data; Cybersecurity
AFTER THE WEBINAR IS PRESENTED
For any questions, please contact Phyllis Caputo at email@example.com.
To view previous webinars on-demand, visit the IEEE Smart Grid Resource Center