Smart Grid Resources
The breadth of IEEE's fields of interest offer a multitude of resources to learn more about the smart grid and IEEE's involvement with smart grid issues. Some of those resources are listed here as a starting point to learning more about smart grid issues.
IEEE Smart Grid Newsroom
View important news from the Smart Grid world and mention of IEEE Smart Grid in the press.
IEEE Smart Grid Webinars
Interviews and Q&As
- Read interviews with smart grid scholars and professionals
- Read group discussions about IEEE Smart Grid on LinkedIn
Collaboration with U.S. Department of Energy
- The Smart Grid Experience: Applying Results, Reaching Beyond
- The IEEE Joint Task Force Submits Final QER Report.
In a world increasingly dependent on energy efficiency, material sustainability and redesign and reuse rather than new design, the SMART Competition invites high school students to become part of the solution. By undertaking the project described in the competition’s problem statement, the students will have the opportunity to use professionally available design software while also having access to international experts who will support their efforts as mentors and sponsors.
Videos related to Smart Grid development
- See videos featuring smart grid experts and thought leaders
- View meeting session videos from 2012 IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting
IEEE Smart Grid "Ask Me Anything" Events
IEEE Smart Grid brand guidelines
- Learn how to use IEEE Smart Grid terminology and branding elements in your work on the Web and in print