Presented by: Sahand Ghaseminejad Liasi
Electric vehicles (EVs) are getting more popular and this means that conventional internal combustion vehicles will be replaced by EVs soon. While EVs can bring various benefits in different aspects (such as higher efficiency, less urban air pollution, etc.), exploiting a huge number of EVs without preparing a proper infrastructure would lead to different undesirable consequences. The challenges and consequences include, but not limited to the followings:
- Power system reliability problems
- Serious problems in power generation and meeting electricity power demand
- Charging infrastructure
To cope with these problems, different solutions have been suggested. In this presentation, the challenges and some of the main solutions will be discussed. After the webinar, you will find the answer of the following questions:
- What are the main challenges of EVs penetration?
- What are the main EVs charging challenges and the possible solutions?
- How to place charging stations optimally considering both electrical and traffic considerations?
- How to use EVs to perform a flexible demand response program?
- How to enhance power system reliability using EV?
- How the existence of EVs can effect traffic?
- Students who are interested in EV-related research
- Managers who are concerned about the effect of EVs on power systems
- Businesspersons who want to expand their businesses based on new technologies
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Sahand Ghaseminejad Liasi received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in electrical engineering from K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, in 2016 and 2019, respectively. His research interests include smart grids, energy management, power quality, and power electronics. Sahand has published more than 10 articles and registered 2 patents. Mr. Liasi has worked for a year on revising Iranian national standards of electrical distribution network design (for Ministry of Energy of Iran). Furthermore, he has cooperated as a volunteer member in IEEE dot series standards. Sahand Liasi is a reviewer of various prestigious journals and conferences, including IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics and IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo 2020 (Chicago, Illinois, USA).
Tags & Topics for This Webinar:
Electric vehicles; power grid; wireless charging; electric vehicles’ charging station; demand response; demand side management;
AFTER THE WEBINAR IS PRESENTED
For any questions, please contact Phyllis Caputo at email@example.com.
To view previous webinars on-demand, visit the IEEE Smart Grid Resource Center
Become a Presenter
If you'd like to be a presenter, please fill out this form.